Friday, March 8, 2013

Follow Friday






It's time for the weekly hop!! If you want to join the fun, visit Alison Can Read  or Parajunkee's View for the link.

Q: What is a book you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?

Oh that one was easy - book/series. It seems like almost all my online buddies love the spin off series of Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead) - Bloodlines but I hated it! I felt bad not wanting it like the first series, I was too disappointed and you know what? Just because I read two of the Bloodlines novels, I lost excitement with the VA movie. I blame Sydney for this feeling! LOL Sorry guys, I really hated the main character. No more Bloodlines for me. Should have stopped at Last Sacrifice.

Another one was Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. I never felt the connection between Calla and Shay. I loved Ren! If I'm going to read another book from that series, it would only be because of Ren!

One book I loved but not popular as it's from a new author was The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle. It was my first selkie book, loved this Scottish folklore. Would love to read more selkie books!

Happy Friday!!!

6 comments:

RuthB said...

OMG!! I loved The Lure of Shapinsay :) It should be more popular because it's a great book!
Old followe
Ruty@MYFF

Unknown said...

I've not read anything by Richelle Mead yet. Someday, maybe.

My FF

Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life
New Follower! :)

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. How funny. I love the Bloodlines series. Even more than VA. It actually made me fall even more in love wit the original series too.
My Hop

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

I am actually enjoying the Bloodline series as well. Sydney did annoy me for a bit, but I've come to like her now!

Nightshade was another series I liked, but not necessarily loved. I liked Ren for a bit, he annoyed me at times, but by the end I did still like him!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Lori Johnston said...

I haven't read anything by Richelle Mead but I've heard Vampire Academy is good.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following.

New follower!

Happy Saturday,
~Lori

Unknown said...

I've not read these :)
I'm a new GFC follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

Related Posts with Thumbnails